- Ferrets lack a cecum to digest/ process fuits and vegetables.
- A ferrets left lung has 2 lobes, while the right has 4.
- A ferrets body contains 14 or 15 pairs of ribs.
- A kit has 30 baby teeth, while an adult has 34.
- Food fully travels throughout their system in 3 hours.
Ferret Veterinarian Database
Ferret Universe does not endorse any ferret
veterinarian or practice listed, nor can we guarantee
the accuracy of the information provided.
If you have a ferret knowledgeable veterinarian you
would like to have added to the list, or are a veterinarian
wishing to be included, please send an e-mail to the Webmaster.
Name of Practice
City, State, ZIP
If you need to update the veterinarian contact information
provided, please send a detailed e-mail to the Webmaster.
- Ferret's normal rectal temperature is between 100 - 104 with 101.9 being the average.
- Heart rate is 180 - 250 bpm with 225 being average.
- Respiration is 33-36 per minute.
- Normal urine pH is 6.5 - 7.5
- Blood volume is 60-80 ml/ kg.
- Ferrets do possess toxoplasmosis in
their systems. However, unlike cats they cannot release/
shed the infected eggs back into the environment, they
hit a dead end, so humans cannot catch the disease.