Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register Ferret Universe Web Site  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View AOL IM SCREEN NAME: FerretUniv  
Ferret Universe * Shelter Support/ Fundraisers * Goodsearch.Com =) < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nicholelynne
Username: Nicholelynne

Post Number: 66
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 10:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Don't forget to use www.goodsearch.com to do searches! I forget who, (Sorry!), but someone posted it in the main forum a few days ago and said to use goodsearch. It donates 1 cent to the charity of your choice every time you do a search!!

Nicholelynne
Username: Nicholelynne

Post Number: 67
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh yeah, just remembered, it was lauraleeme who posted it the first time, LOL!!

Alphajill
Username: Alphajill

Post Number: 17
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 7:09 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you! We here at Rocky's have a campaign going for everyone to use www.goodsearch to benefit our shelter each time it's used. In the charity box, put in "ferret" and a list will come up in the drop box. Last I saw Rocky's was at the bottom of the list. Click on it, then start your searches!!!

Hugs,
Barb Clay
Dir of Shelter Affairs for Rocky's
www.rockysferrets.com

Alphajill
Username: Alphajill

Post Number: 18
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 7:14 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Here's the email I received from the folks at Goodsearch:

Hi Barbara,
Rockys Ferret Rescue and Shelter will be up and running on GoodSearch by tomorrow! Thanks so much for your interest!

Did you know…….

The Elephant Sanctuary has already earned more than $1500 just by using GoodSearch!

The Bubel Aiken Foundation has earned more than $800 just by using GoodSearch!

As you know, GoodSearch is a Yahoo-powered search engine with a unique social mission. We give 50% of our advertising revenue to the nonprofits and schools that our users choose. You and your supporters can make a difference in the lives of many just by changing the way you search the Internet!

Here's an example of how much your organization can earn:
· 100 supporters search the internet just twice a day = $730/year
· 1,000 supporters search the internet just twice a day = $7300/year

Spread the Word!
While the press has done a great job in featuring GoodSearch, in order for your cause to earn as much money as possible, it’s important that you spread the word to your supporters. Here are some suggestions:

Send an email out to all of your friends, family and supporters. Here’s a sample that you can customize:

What if Rockys ferret rescue and shelter earned a penny every time you searched the Internet? Well, now we can!

GoodSearch is a new search engine that donates half its revenue, about a penny per search, to the charities its users designate. You use it just as you would any search engine, and it’s powered by Yahoo!, so you get great results.

Just go to goodsearch dot com and be sure to enter Rockys Ferret Rescue and Shelter as the charity you want to support. Just 500 of us searching four times a day will raise about $7300 in a year without anyone spending a dime! And, be sure to spread the word!

Put a logo and link to GoodSearch on your website
goodsearch dot com /Logo.aspx

Encourage everyone you know to download the GoodSearch toolbar.
http://www.goodsearch dot com/toolbar/

Make GoodSearch the homepage on all of the computers in your company or school.

http://www.goodsearch dot com/MakeHomepage.aspx

Write about GoodSearch on blogs and message boards.

Customize the attached flyer with your organization’s name and hand it out at fundraising events, mail it to your supporters or hang it up in the office.

You can see examples of what some other organizations have done at: http://www.goodsearch dot com/About.aspx#faq16

Thank you again for your interest in GoodSearch and please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Best,

JJ Ramberg

Weaslemom
Username: Weaslemom

Post Number: 1490
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 1:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yep, it's SO EASY to help out by using the GoodSearch! I just bookmarked it, and go there every time I wanna look something up!

And I TRY to look something up every day! LOL!
Anita in KCMO, Doting WeasleMom to fuzzbutts, Max & Sapphire; kittys, Gizmo & Gumshoe... along with hubby's two fish tanks and three tarantulas, Tequila2, Truck and Sabre. And RIP my little angel baby, Ellaweez Ellen a/k/a Weezie. Dookie Dreams!

Valntyn
Username: Valntyn

Post Number: 1587
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 7:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I use it several times a day - I'm ALWAYS looking up stuff!! It's nice to know that my stupidity (har har) and interests help ferrets and their care-givers!! Hehe.

(Message edited by valntyn on October 16, 2006)
Jennifer, who had two of everything until ferret math became involved!

Momma to dogs Zoe and Wally; cats Puddle and Liam; and ferrets Pepper, Fehu, Spring, Sherman, Hercules and Haley. Long Live the Free Ferrets of Maine Brigade of zee Revolution de Liberte des Ferrets! *dOOk dOOk*

Web site (under major construction) - http://users.adelphia.net/~ralawa/index.htm (last updated 8-06)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration