Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register Ferret Universe Web Site Ferret Universe Store  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View AOL IM SCREEN NAME: FerretUniv  
Ferret Universe * Ferrets * 2005 ARCHIVES * December 2005 ARCHIVES * Spots on skin < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ferretcrazy
Username: Ferretcrazy

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, December 06, 2005 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have a ferret that is about 4 years old. She developed these skin lesions, none oozing but scabby about the edges and completely round. The vet doesn't know what they are. We tried Bactroban ointment which made them really red and today he gave her a steroid injection. They don't itch or cause her any discomfort. Anyone here of this? Any ideas what else to do?}}

Zeki
Username: Zeki

Post Number: 615
Posted on Tuesday, December 06, 2005 - 8:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey i'm sorry to hear that, i don't know what's wrong Someone on here will be helpful to you i'm sure though.
I'd love to see some pics of your 12 ferrets, what colours are they??
Message posted by Samantha, & 4 Sable Ferrets: Zeki, Zinka, Zapheus, & Zubin, & 3 Dogs, a Cat, a Guinea Pig, 2 Hens, a Rooster, a Duck, a Canary, Fish & Frogs, all from Victoria, Australia!
Minkie ferret we love you & we will always miss you!

Kitten
Username: Kitten

Post Number: 307
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 7:47 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Could it be ringworm, which is actually a fungal infection of the skin? The vet usually uses a black light to see if its that since the ringworm fungus will glow.
A ferret is God's way of telling you NOTHING is child-proof!

Ferretlovers1
Username: Ferretlovers1

Post Number: 1300
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 11:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Not certain, but check out this article and picture.. hope it helps..
http://www.afip.org/ferrets/Mast/mastcell.html
Glen & June
http://www.fuzies.com/JuneBEDDING/ferret_bedding_for_sale.htm
and our 17 fuzzies
we love and miss our babies
at the bridge.

Ferretcrazy

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 2:54 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Not ringworm, our vet checked that with black light. Took her to the vet yesterday and she got a steroid injection. He said the bactroban ointment didn't work so this hopefully would.

My 12 kids are: Sarah, silver, 3 1/2 years old, Smidgen, sable, 4 years old, Minka, chocolate, 3 years old, Suzy-Q, Silver, 4 years old, Gizmo, Silver (deaf) 1 year old, Nikko, Black Sable, 11 months old, Koda, Chocolate, 5 years old, Nanook, Dark Eyed White, 4 years old, Weasley, champagne, 2 3/4 years old, Titus, Black Sable, 1 year old, Sparkey, Chocolate Mut, 1 1/2 years old, Okashi, champagne, 2 years old. I can't find my digital camera currently but when I do I will show you the pictures of them. Our shelter kids are: Jack, Sable, 6 years old, Amber, Sable, 3 years old, Emma, Cinammon, 4 years old, Mousie Girl, Cimammon, 4 years old, Miz Beetz, Sable, 4 years old, Hottie (deaf), Silver, 4 years old, Sophie, Sable, 4 years old and Smudge, Silver, 1 1/2 years old. Today Smudge was adopted, sight unseen. The lady will be getting him on the 23rd. I always rejoice when one of them get adopted. Unfortunately, we have 5 more that are being surrendered this week. If anyone has any interest in adoptions let me know. We are becoming full to capacity.

Blunderbess
Username: Blunderbess

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 3:19 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I would love to adopt, but I live in Canada...

Zeki
Username: Zeki

Post Number: 629
Posted on Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 4:04 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the info about your ferrets...wow you do have lots of different colours!! Look forward to the pics when you can Glad to hear that Smudge was adopted! What state are you in?
Message posted by Samantha, & 4 Sable Ferrets: Zeki, Zinka, Zapheus, & Zubin, & 3 Dogs, a Cat, a Guinea Pig, 2 Hens, a Rooster, a Duck, a Canary, Fish & Frogs, all from Victoria, Australia!
Minkie ferret we love you & we will always miss you!

Ferretcrazy

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 6:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

We are in Junction City Oregon which is about 12 miles North of Eugene.

We will be moving to Toledo, Oregon which is 7 miles East of Newport, on the Coast. We will continue to be a Satilite Shelter for the Lane Area Ferret Lovers Shelter in Eugene. That way if there are people that need our services closer to us we can help.

If anyone is interested you may go to our web site, Laneareaferretlovers.com

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration