Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register Ferret Universe Web Site Ferret Universe Store  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View AOL IM SCREEN NAME: FerretUniv  
Ferret Universe * Ferrets * 2011 ARCHIVES * September 2011 Archives * Completely clear mucusy poop < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Cdstickley
Username: Cdstickley

Post Number: 75
Posted on Friday, September 16, 2011 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ok, I have had ferrets for 7 years now. Have lost 6 to cancer, renal failure, and vet mistake. Have dealt with ECE, flu, and other ailments that had strange poop but have never had one until now that had completly clear mucusy poop. I mean there is no color fecal matter to it at all. I thought it was really thick pee but my husband insists that it is poop or something else. She has gone like four times and it is just clear mucus. Has anyone dealt with this and know why? Have to take her to the vet but am curious. She has adrenal and is about 6 years old.
Ferrant to; Mojo(deceased), Chomper deceased),Ernie (deceased), Mataya (deceased), Skeater (deceased), Smudge, Binx (deceased), Nibbler, Gizzy,Fetter(deceased), Calvin,Scarlet, Bella, and Grey. Also four cats; Tigger, Lil Shit, Sheba and Hobo. And last one bird named Rosie (deceased) .

Fuzzie23
Username: Fuzzie23

Post Number: 1631
Posted on Saturday, September 17, 2011 - 4:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Every once in a while, Patch will have clear watery style poops, and when we get a fecal done, he has an over growth of bacteria. Also, we were told, because he has insulinoma that could be the cause as well. I would take the sample of the poop and have a fecal done. I would also watch for signs of insulinoma.
proudly owned by The Official Wrecking Crew: Stinker, China, Sara, Nikita, Norma, Einstien Junior, Clyde, Cocoa Bean, Casper, Calvin, Beauregards, Patch, Buster, Beneka, Kodopoli, Napoleon Dynamite, Sebastian, Nora, Wakeza, Daggit. Angels at the Bridge Loved Forever: Toby 19Jul07, Ben 27Dec07, Gracie Girls 6Mar08, Bonnie 31may08, Taz 9Jun08, Scooter 18Apr09, Hobbs 1May09, Ivan 25Jan10, Taz2 09Nov10, Meeko 14Mar11, Demon 29Jun11, Stripe 13Jul11, Jasmin 7Aug11

Cdstickley
Username: Cdstickley

Post Number: 76
Posted on Saturday, September 17, 2011 - 10:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

We are going to take a sample on Monday when the vets office is open. She is not feeling well at all. We know she has adrenal and we now believe she has ECE. Her last few poops were pure lime green diarhea. She does not want to eat or drink but we are making her. Hopefully she will pull out of this. We have a few others that are acting ill and one that has the green poops
Ferrant to; Mojo(deceased), Chomper deceased),Ernie (deceased), Mataya (deceased), Skeater (deceased), Smudge, Binx (deceased), Nibbler, Gizzy,Fetter(deceased), Calvin,Scarlet, Bella, and Grey. Also four cats; Tigger, Lil Shit, Sheba and Hobo. And last one bird named Rosie (deceased) .

Fuzzie23
Username: Fuzzie23

Post Number: 1632
Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2011 - 6:54 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Fingers crossed for something simple and easy to cure for your little one.
proudly owned by The Official Wrecking Crew: Stinker, China, Sara, Nikita, Norma, Einstien Junior, Clyde, Cocoa Bean, Casper, Calvin, Beauregards, Patch, Buster, Beneka, Kodopoli, Napoleon Dynamite, Sebastian, Nora, Wakeza, Daggit. Angels at the Bridge Loved Forever: Toby 19Jul07, Ben 27Dec07, Gracie Girls 6Mar08, Bonnie 31may08, Taz 9Jun08, Scooter 18Apr09, Hobbs 1May09, Ivan 25Jan10, Taz2 09Nov10, Meeko 14Mar11, Demon 29Jun11, Stripe 13Jul11, Jasmin 7Aug11

Weaslemom
Username: Weaslemom

Post Number: 7289
Posted on Tuesday, September 20, 2011 - 6:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The new ferrets probably gave ECE to everyone. That happened to me. You'll have to keep a REALLY close watch on them all, get them on antibiotics because they get secondary bacterial infections from this. Get some plain Pedialyte to mix with their water and/or soup, feed them watery babyfood dook soup very often to keep their strength and hydration up - every 4-6 hours. Skipper ended up with IBD as a result of this - you may have to end up taking everyone off of chicken products and/or grain products. I've had a helluva year and a half battling all that. :-(
Anita in KC / Bubba sQuad Field Maneuvers Coordinator, (and also married to the Master Armorer of Zee Revolution)

Resident Lime Princess, and Mistress of Nag

Mama to Lance Corporal Skipper da Nipper and Co-Mama to Sgt. Major Simon Bubba D. ...and as of 3-5-10: Privates 1st Class, Pretty Sue and Pink Alieu, too!

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!!

Weaslehugs and Angel-kisses to our darlings at the Bridge:
Ellaweez Ellen/Weezie, Max-1-million-ways-to-get-in-trouble, and HRH The Princess Sapphire

Tanuki
Username: Tanuki

Post Number: 514
Posted on Wednesday, September 21, 2011 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, how is your little girl doing now?

That clear poop sounds like one my Haku had a few years back; here is the link to the thread and there's a picture about half way down...
http://www.ferretuniverse.com/discus/messages/1263/22464.html
We think it was either a virus or a digestion problem for her; we ended up giving her Pepto and some easy food for a while and she got over it... Hopefully yours will, too! :-(
Haku had always had bad poo trouble when she was younger, so we put that ProBiotic Digestive Tract Conditioner in her water for about a year, and we've also taken her right off chicken, because I hear that can cause a problem in some ferrets?
It could be possible yours has developed some similar stomach issues...
Well, hopefully your little girl starts feeling better soon...
My ferret-babies: Tanuki the Super Star, Kitsune the Angel, and Haku the Diva.
Plus, one kitty, Kitty.

Dgyelle
Username: Dgyelle

Post Number: 69
Posted on Thursday, September 29, 2011 - 2:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Our Sadie would get this clear mucusy poop both when she had insulinoma and again after she developed diabetis. Prednisolone seemed to help when she had the insulinoma. Insulin helped after she became diabetic. Also too many treats in a ferret that has IBD will cause this type of things. Grain free diets are good for this case.
Ohana for all our fuzzy family - Murphy (bridge), Rikki (bridge), Buttons (bridge), Beaus (bridge), Hamilton Bear, Little Lilo, Sadie (bridge), Peek-a-boo, Batman, Ernie the Big E., Drake (bridge), Meaka, Angel paws, Gracie Mae, George of the Jungle, Scamper and those yet to arrive here at their forever home and weasel their way into our hearts!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration