Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register Ferret Universe Web Site Ferret Universe Store  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View AOL IM SCREEN NAME: FerretUniv  
Ferret Universe * Ferrets * 2007 ARCHIVES * November 2007 * Do ferrets sleep more in the winter times < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Littleferretlady1
Username: Littleferretlady1

Post Number: 20
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Question.. Do ferrets sleep extra longer in the winter time I know they sleep alot now but it seems that they more extra
From littleferretlady Oynx, Little Ricky ,Snow Angel now Qweenie, Skeeter, Yingling

Catzx10
Username: Catzx10

Post Number: 6
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 7:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

i haven't noticed mine sleeping more, but then again, she is in her cage most of the time and they do sleep a lot. i have 11 cats and it's very hard for me to get her out of her cage and onto the patio with the cats that i trust with her, but i do try for at least an hour a day. after that she sleeps forever it seems like. i guess all the running around tires her out.

Merrymoberry
Username: Merrymoberry

Post Number: 236
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 3:53 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sydney used to sleep more in the winter time, not lots more though. Right now, Fred sleeps way more than George, but I don't know if it's seasonal or just the way he is. I haven't had the Weasley brothers long enough to see. :-)
Miranda in Prince Rupert, BC and the ferts that own her: George Weasley and Fred Weasley. ~*At the Rainbow Bridge: Sydney Susanna*~ The cats that own her: Mango, Bobo, Mr. Furious, Tic Tac and Beefers.

Weaslemom
Username: Weaslemom

Post Number: 3962
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Good question! I'm wanting to say that SOME ferrets DO sleep a little more when the temps get colder, but I think it depends on the ferret and the housing arrangement, etc. As our house is a bit cooler now, I am noticing a slight increase in my boys' snoozing habits. It's not every day, but some days they do seem to want to sleep more.
Anita in KCMO.
Mama to Skipper da Nipper and Co-Mama to Sgt. Major Simon.
Angel-kisses to our darlings at the Bridge.

Littleferretlady1
Username: Littleferretlady1

Post Number: 21
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey There Thanks for your answers It did help quite a bit The new ferret crew that I have are totally different and also age wise too...
Hugs
From littleferretlady Oynx, now Qweenie, Skeeter, My two newest ones Wolfie Hope My other three are had rainbow bridge Little Ricky,'
Snow Angel Now Yes Yingling..........

Lauraleeme
Username: Lauraleeme

Post Number: 1337
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

our fuzzies sleep more in the winter, but then so do I.....
~Laura

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration